The Malines Lodge Banner has, as its centrepiece, the Malines Chair, used by Masters of Lodges in the Banqueting Room of the Staines Masonic Centre. This chair was commisioned by Staines Lodge No. 2536 and subsequently an expert wood carver in the Belgium town of Malines (in Flemish - Mechelen). War intervened, Belgium was invaded, and the craftsman hid the parts of the chair for safety, but they were finally smuggled through Holland to Staines where the chair was assembled and dedicated in 1915, by the then Deputy Provincial Grand Master, R.W.Bro. Alexander Burnett-Brown.
The story of the chair was an inspiration to Brother Peter Davidge whose enthusiasm for the founding of a Lodge to commemorate these events, culminated in the consecration of Malines Lodge No. 8740 on the 24th March, 1977 at Staines.
On the Banner, either side of the Malines Chair, are the shields of the former County of Middlesex (three silver seaxes with gold handles and a hollowed out on the back of the blade, an allusion to Middlesex, surmounted by a Saxon crown) and the town of Malines in the Belgium Province of Antwerp. The Banner was made by W Bro. EW Thornby, PAGDC